I made this recipe last week, adapted from a cookbook I got for Christmas. I changed so many of the ingredients it didn’t really resemble the original recipe!
My husband ate three servings of this – and it has a bunch of veggies! He encouraged me to post this creation of mine – and to make him a new batch for this week.
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of almond flour or almond meal
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan or Cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1, 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1.3 tbsp of dried oregano
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (optional)
- 3 cups of baby spinach
- In a bowl, mix together: ground turkey, egg, almond flour, cheese (if using), oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into 12 balls.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pressure cooker on the browning function.
- Add the onion and celery, and cook until onion turns translucent. (3 mins)
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, oregano.
- Drop meatballs into the sauce.
- Turn pressure cooker on high for 10 minutes. Release the pressure and open it up!
- Stir in cream (if using)
- Add spinach to wilt it.
Serve either on it’s own, over rice, or over zucchini noodles.
Note: I didn’t take the photo for this (full credit goes to SkinnyTaste). Reason being is that I can never have this around long enough to take a photo of!