Yes, there’s frozen cauliflower in this smoothie. And it’s good! It really doesn’t taste like much – but it does add a nice texture to the smoothie. Think of cauliflower as a way to replace bananas in a smoothie. Whatever recipe you use, sub 1/2 cup of frozen cauliflower when you would normally add 1/2 a banana.
Using cauliflower will result in having less sugar in your smoothie. In my view this makes for a great afternoon smoothie as it has less sugar.
If you want to give it a try, this is something I whipped up and it was good!
Blueberry and Frozen Cauliflower Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk (or whatever milk you like to use)
- 1 scoop of protein (I used vanilla whey)
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 avocado (or half depending on how much fat you want in there)
- 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or hemp hearts (optional)
Place all of this in a blender, and enjoy! If you want the smoothie to be thinner, add water to loosen it up.