This morning (well starting last night) I made my first ever cold brew coffee. I was at the health food store this week and saw it on the shelf – for an astronomical price. I thought “this must be easy to make”. And sure enough, I was right.
Here is my recipe for my first ever cold brew coffee – and I’m sure I will improve on it!
Note that this makes a concentrated coffee – so it’s strong! So treat one cup of this as 2 cups of coffee. You can make your blend weaker but adding in less coffee grinds.
Cold brew coffee (serves 2 – so yes, you will be drinking less coffee since it’s concentrated)
- 1/3 cup of coffee grinds (use good quality grinds – and even better grind them yourself!)
- 2 cups of water
Add these two ingredients to a french press (but don’t press it down!). Place in the fridge for 12 hours (or overnight should do).
In the morning, press down the french press, and voila! There is your cold brew.
To this I made my coffee into a cold brew latte. Recipe for that below:
Cold brew latte
- 1 serving of cold brew (its strong!) as per above recipe
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (coconut milk would be amazing too)
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Optional ingredients: Collagen powder and/or MCT oil
- Optional garnish: Cinnamon
Place all of this in a blender and blend! If you want to turn it into an iced cap type situation – add some ice.
This is perfect if you want to enjoy your java on a hot day! Enjoy!