When I took my first sip of this smoothie – I thought “wow! I’m awake now!”. I’m pretty sure it was due to the ginger I had in there.
When I cleaned out the freezer last week, I found so many nubs of fresh ginger. I guess I kept losing them in the freezer, forgetting about them, and just buying more!
So to use up this lovely ginger that has so many health benefits, I came up with this fresh tasting summer smoothie.
But first, let me recap why ginger is good for you. Ginger:
- helps with nausea
- helps reduce pain
- is anti-inflammatory
- helps boost your immune system
- is anti-fungal
- helps with digestion
- and more!
am I selling you on it yet? If yes, give this smoothie a try.
Mango ginger smoothie:
- 1/4 cup of fresh mango (or frozen)
- 1/2 to 1 inch of peeled fresh ginger
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1/2 frozen banana (or fresh)
- 1 cup of almond milk (or whatever milk you like to use, or 1/2 milk 1/2 water)
Put all of this into a blender, and blend! Enjoy!