For 2 or 3 weeks, I was getting kohlrabi as part of my bi-weekly CSA. I had no idea what to do with it. I never bought kohlrabi or really seen it before. So to google I went. Google told me that kohlrabi tastes like a broccoli stem, and has a consistency between an apple and a potato. So then, I bust out my nutrition books and find out what’s good about it.
So what’s so good about kohlrabi? Well it :
- Has vitamin C and B (great for energy levels and immunity)
- Is high in fiber (which we all need)
- Has iron
- Can help relieve digestive issues, such as constipation
But will it taste good?! Adventurous and wanting to use many veggies from my CSA, I grabbed a bunch of ingredients, tossed them in my instant pot – and voila! A pretty decent green curry was made which I enjoyed for a few lunches last week.
If you’re tight on time, and want to try kohlrabi – this recipe is for you!
- 2 Kohlrabi peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic (or equivalent of minced garlic)
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped (or whatever tomatoes you have)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional to add more veggies: like carrots, spinach, potatoes or whatever! I ended up serving mine over kale to wilt it. Note: potatoes will thicken it a bit if you like a nice thick curry!
This one’s easy. Place all items in your instant pot. Cook on manual high pressure for 20 minutes. Voila! Done. Serve over kale or spinach, and/or over 1/2 cup of rice or quinoa.