I’m on my second whole30 ever – and for lunch today I had a few odds and ends in the fridge. I decided to throw it all together and it turned out delish! I snapped a pic and posted to my instastories and I never received so many DMs on how yummy it looked! So thought I’d share the recipe.
Hearty tomato salmon and greens soup
- A serving of my easy roasted tomato soup
- A serving of salmon
- Dijon mustard or hot mustard
- A handful of hearty greens (kale, broccoli stems, cabbage)
- Salt and pepper
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Heat up the oven to 350
- Glaze salmon with about 1 tbsp of the mustard (I used hot mustard, you can use dijon or none at all!)
- Bake the salmon for 15 minutes – until just cooked through
- Flake the salmon and add it to the soup.
- Top with greens, salt and pepper to taste and optional hot sauce.
So this winter, I challenge you to turn blended soups into a hearty meal! It can revive leftovers and feel spring fresh even in the dead of winter.
You can really add anything to a soup – as I say, soup is the salad of winter! Get those veggies in year round folks!